TOURS & EVENTS
The best way for you and your kids to visit a fire station is during one of our regularly scheduled events or
open houses. You’ll get to meet your firefighters, tour a fire truck, and learn about emergency services in
Fire Station Events
We encourage you to take a tour of your local fire station during one of our many community events.
Station open house events include lots of fun, hands-on learning not available during our individual
- Neighborhood Nights – open house events at local stations
- Scout Day Open House -- March 14 at Mariner Fire Station 11
- Fair on 44th –Sept. 12 in Lynnwood
- EMS Week Open House and Teddy Bear Clinic -- May 16 at Downtown Edmonds Fire Station 17
- Fire Prevention Week Open House - Oct. 10 at Martha Lake Fire Station 21
Fire Station Tours
Fire station tours are available on a limited basis. Rather than scheduling an individual tour, we
encourage you to attend one of our planned station events (above) or to request a classroom or group visit.
Station tours must be scheduled at least 21 days in advance (3 weeks).
Because firefighters work in an industrial environment, station tours have the following requirements:
- One adult chaperone for every five children.
- Children must be age 5 or older.
- No food or drink allowed.
Fire station staff may need to respond to emergencies at any time. We may be called away during your scheduled tour. If that happens, we will work with you to reschedule.
For more information about our programs or station tours, please email our Community Outreach staff.