Fireworks banned in most cities

For public safety, most cities in Snohomish County ban fireworks completely, even on private property.

It is illegal to set off fireworks at any time in the following  cities:

  • Brier
  • Edmonds
  • Everett
  • Gold Bar
  • Lynnwood
  • Marysville
  • Mill Creek
  • Mountlake Terrace
  • Mukilteo
  • Woodway

On New Year's Eve, fireworks are illegal throughout south Snohomish County, in both cities and unincorporated areas.

Fireworks put people, animals and property at risk in our area every July 4. This is predictable and it’s also preventable. Fireworks bans in the cities we serve have effectively reduced injuries, property loss and 911 calls. Eight counties and 92 cities in our state ban fireworks.

Reporting Illegal Fireworks Use

If you are calling with a noise complaint or illegal fireworks complaints where there is no fire, injuries or
immediate threat please call the non-emergency line, 425-407-3999.

If you have an emergency, where there is an immediate threat to life or property, you should contact 911 immediately.

County fireworks restrictions

In unincorporated Snohomish County outside city limits, fireworks may be set off on July 4 only, between 9 a.m. and midnight. It is illegal to discharge fireworks any other day.

For public safety reasons, South County Fire plans to petition the County Council to ban fireworks throughout our service area.

Prohibited locations

You are never allowed to use fireworks in or on:

  • Public property, including schools, parking lots, streets or sidewalks
  • Snohomish County parks
  • State parks or land managed by the Department of Natural Resources
  • Federal land, including U.S. Forest Service land    

Fireworks stand permits

Fireworks may legally be sold in unincorporated Snohomish County between noon on June 28 and noon on July 6 of each year. A fireworks permit from the Snohomish County Fire Marshal's Office is required to operate a fireworks stand.

Illegal fireworks

At no time may you possess or discharge illegal fireworks such as firecrackers, bottle rockets, M-80s, dynamite, or homemade fireworks. Many fireworks sold on tribal land can only be legally set off on the reservation.

To report the illegal discharge of fireworks, call 425-407-3999.

Only call 911 if there is an immediate threat to life or property.

Safe disposal of fireworks

Contact your local police department or the Sheriff’s Office for assistance with the appropriate disposal of fireworks, flares, explosives, ammunition or weapons.

Temporary fireworks bans

Snohomish County Council has granted the Snohomish County Fire Marshal the authority to ban fireworks during periods of extreme fire danger. The County Council also allows neighborhoods in unincorporated areas to petition to become a "no firework" area.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer