Stewardship, accountability and integrity are organizational values embraced by employees at every level in our agency. We strive to provide the highest level of service at a reasonable cost to taxpayers. The Finance Department supports this mission by:
- Working with elected officials and staff to develop an annual budget with forecasted revenue and expenses.
- Accounting for the timely payment of expenses incurred by the operating and reserve components of the agency.
- Tracking, investing and depositing cash as required to meet all payroll and operating expenditure obligations.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial performance reports showing the status of revenue and expenses measured against the adopted budget.
- At year-end, preparing and publishing an annual report open for public inspection and submitted to the State Auditor's Office for examination.
- Managing a systematic purchasing process that provides for the acquisition of quality goods and services through open, competitive, and fair business practices.
The Washington State Auditors Office conducts annual financial and accountability audits. South County Fire's audits date back to its founding in October 2017.