Fire Prevention Week Open House
Saturday, October 13, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Martha Lake Fire Station 21,16819 13th Ave. W, Lynnwood
Kids can spray water from a real fire hose, see what it’s like to sit in the driver’s seat of a fire engine and talk with firefighters about safety at our Fire Prevention Month open house on Saturday, Oct. 13.
The free open house will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Martha Lake Fire Station 21.
The focus will be on this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme: “Look. Listen. Learn. Beware. Fire can happen anywhere."
South County Fire and the National Fire Protection Association offer these safety tips:
- Draw a map of your home, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.