Fire Prevention Week Open House
Saturday, October 12, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Martha Lake Fire Station 21,16819 13th Ave. W, Lynnwood
Kids can spray water from a real fire hose, tour the fire engine and talk with firefighters about safety at our Fire Prevention Month open house on Saturday, Oct. 12.
The free open house will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Martha Lake Fire Station 21.
The focus will be on this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme: “Not every hero wears a cape. Plan and practice your escape."
South County Fire and the National Fire Protection Association offer these safety tips:
- Draw a map of your home, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.