Our Hazardous Materials Team is made up of firefighters with specialized training to respond to intentional or accidental release of toxic, combustible or dangerous chemical, biological or nuclear agents into the environment.
Hilton Lake Fire Station 12 is home to the district team and DECON12, a truck equipped with supplies to provide decontamination for victims or responders who may have been exposed to a hazardous substance.
We are part of the Snohomish County Hazardous Materials Team which provides regional response and sharing of resources.
Examples of hazardous materials responses include:
- Illegal disposal of an unidentified or toxic substance at a solid waste transfer station
- Methamphetamine drug labs
- Industrial chemical spills or toxic gas release
- Damaged tanker trucks or rail cars carrying chemicals spill or release chemicals
- Radiological or nuclear threats
- Weapons of mass destruction threats